General Laborer - Prairie du Chien, WI
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be in good physical condition, as standing for prolonged periods of time, bending, lifting and kneeling are regular requirements of this position.
- Must be able to lift 25-pounds.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and free of clutter.
- Must be alert to quality issues as completing tasks.
- Must be compliant, detail oriented, task focused and comfortable with handling repetitive duties.
- Should possess good manual dexterity.
Education, Training and Experience
- On the Job Training is provided.
- Help to ensure that the work area is clean, free of clutter and organized
- Keep lines of communication open between all managers, supervisors, and employees to target and eliminate any safety hazards on the production floor.
- Safety and awareness is the responsibility of all Employees at Prairie Industries, Inc.
- Conduct yourself in a safe manner to avoid any accidents while on the production floor.
- Report any issues you see to the Safety/HR Manager immediately.
- Safety glasses are required to be worn at all times when present on the production floor.
- The General Laborer position is responsible for reporting to their Team Lead, Supervisor and; / or Management.
- Must report any and all machine problems to maintenance and the Production Supervisor immediately.
- Confidentiality is expected regarding all company information or data that is discussed or viewed while under employment with Prairie Industries, Inc.
- Through performance evaluations
Standards of Performance
The General Laborer is responsible for all of the above requirements. The General Laborer is expected to work 40 or more hours per week and will be evaluated on key production measures to assist in the operation and ensure overall quality and success of Prairie Industries, Inc. Overtime may be a requirement to meet all customer dates as needed to complete the job functions listed above.
Apply for this position
Pak Team Member - Boscobel,WI
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Adhere to all GMPS, food safety, regulatory (USDA) and company policies, procedures, work instructions and employee expectation requirements that support food safety and food defense.
- Complete all required paperwork that applies to specified areas and products
- Identify defects in packages/pouches
- Monitor weights and case counts
- Assemble cases either manually or automatically using case making machine
- Operate a pallet jack
- Understand Production Schedule
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent preferred and One year of hands-on experience in manufacturing, and/or service work preferred but not mandatory. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to function in a team environment. We offer on the job training.
Apply for this position
We're growing and hiring! Please complete our online application or download and complete our PDF employment application and drop it off at any of our locations.
Our employment benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- 401K Plan
- Christmas Club
- Flexible Spending Account
- Attendance Incentive Program
If you have questions about employment at Prairie Industries or Nu-Pak, email us at email@example.com or call us at 608-326-2500. We would be happy to speak with you about joining our team!